The Project Hiu Shark bracelet is an adjustable rope bracelet with a stainless steel shark fin charm. The bracelet comes in two size options, large and small. We recommend small to medium wrists wear a 'small' and medium to large wrists wear a 'large'. The bracelet is 100% rust proof and can be fully submerged in both fresh and salt water with ought being removed. The bracelet cord is also made from highly durable parachute cord;
A core goal that has been set from day one of starting Project Hiu was to be 100% transparent with our 'Crew'. Our team know all too well the feeling of blindly giving to an organisation hoping the intentions and actions are taken out as proposed. Our goal is to breakdown these barriers and invite you 'The Crew Member' along this journey. By purchasing a Project Hiu product or donating, you will be accepted into a community dedicated to updating via email and social platforms on annual goals, progression and benchmarks, you will also gain access to first hand interviews of community members their feedback on the impact Project Hiu and its Crew Members is having on their lives. Please refer to 'Join The Crew' section for further reference to where we are investing your donation/ purchase funds.
Post purchase process:
The intent and aim of the bracelet is to help raise awareness and financial aid and continue our projects mission; improve the health of our oceans, by starting with those responsible for its deterioration. By purchasing this product you become responsible for educating those in need of enlightenment on the severity of our oceans deteriorating state.
Many shark fishermen in Indonesia depend on extremely volatile and dangerous income streams to provide for their families and loved ones. Today fishermen are forced to travel further and in some cases in illegal water to seek more prosperous grounds, this new threat of prosecution can be combated. By joining The Crew you will be assisting in the investment and acquisition of new 'sustainable income assets' such as; tourism, waste management programs, early learning to better equip the next generation for changing times and finally supporting the community during this transition by suppling food, clean water and any other financial burdens and malnourished necessities incurred from a history of volatile fishing and marine exploitation. (Refer to 'Join The Crew' for more...)
WHAT ARE WE INVESTING IN? (YOUR IMPACT)
1) A sustainable tourism program, that allows local fishermen to acquire and re-purpose their assets (boats, crew, knowledge, rich biodiversity) to build new independent income streams.
2) Currently locals have no waste initiative or infrastructure in place, resulting in (HIGH) threats of disease and sickness. Our Crew are investing in waste management programs that employ ex- shark fishermen to collect, recycle and transport waste opposed to entering and being dumped in our oceans. We are also building the first 'toilet block' on the island.
3) Early learning; our crew are investing in a new preschool re-build and learning equipment and curriculums to better prepare future generation for change.
4) During Covid-19 transition has been difficult, by supporting, your allocation of funds will also go toward basic supplies like food (rice, noodles) that are deposited monthly to our community.
Without an apex predator, i.e. sharks a marine ecosystem cannot sustain healthy balance and therefore results in disease spread and infection through fish populations, this inevitably transcends onto land and into our communities a loved ones.
- The cost to prevent one shark from being finned is $7.70 AUD
- Bracelet includes laptop sticker
- The average wage for a shark fishermen is $200 AUD per month or $50 per week
- A estimated 100,000,000 sharks are killed annually
My little shark bracelet might be small, but the best things come in small packages. Every little bit makes a difference! Keep up the inspirational work Madison Stewart, you are such a beautiful human xox
I ordered the bracelet earlier this week with express shipping for my daughter’s 24th birthday. Because we live in Canada and the bracelet is coming from Australia during Covid it will take 10 to 20 days to get here according to an email from Australia Post. My daughter has swam with sharks in Hawaii (no cage, no bait) and supported saving sharks since she was a small child so I am sure she will love the bracelet but I think she loves your cause more! She is just starting a career in tourism with a focus on eco tourism, you should make her an ambassador for your cause!
Shipping was very fast and well packaged. I've been wearing the bracelet for a few weeks nonstop now. It sits flush and therefore doesn't annoy you while you're doing stuff. Despite not taking special care, there is not a single silver-colored scratch on the black metal and the band dries fast after swimming or showering and the knots are tight enough so it doesn't loosen. great quality - and it helps spread the word when people notice it and you tell them about project hiu, the fishermen, their children and the awesome work Madison is doing..
The bracelet is very light-weight and fits perfect. I ordered the small and was a bit worried it might be too big but it fit perfectly. It also does not loosen with extended wear which is great!
I've gotten compliments on this cute bracelet. It is exactly as pictured and easy to adjust, it's very sturdy. Overall really happy to support the cause and get this beautiful item