Mike Coots X Project Hiu Carbon Collection (LIMITED EDITION)
MATERIALS USED IN (F1 RACING, AERO SPACE CRAFTS AND NOW DIVE BLADES)
Inspired by: Mike Coots
MADE IN AUSTRALIA
Meet Mike Coots
When Mike Coots was 18, he was attacked by a tiger shark while bodyboarding off the coast of Kauai. He lost most of his right leg, and nearly lost his life.
– In 2010, Mike worked to pass legislation making it illegal to possess shark fins in Hawaii – the first law of its kind in the US. Other states soon followed.
– He also studied to be a professional photographer. His striking images start conversations about sharks on social media, a style best described as visual journalism.
The hybrid carbon fibre coupled with state-of-the-art design and aerospace grade fabric combine to create a fin that transfers load to the larger muscle groups, instead of focusing on any one specific location. Carbon fibre blades are extremely light weight whilst enhancing diving propulsion and performance, propelling divers at superior speed and velocity.
WHY OUR FINS:
1 - State-of-the-art design and aerospace grade fabric resulting in enhanced durability and performance.
2 - Customised hybrid carbon system resulting in unique fin design, strength and pattern.
3 - 2 Year warranty
4 - Carbon fins are more efficient than plastic fins or composite with a better snap, and a better choice for divers who are going deeper and looking to significantly enhance their underwater performance.
5 - The ergonomic angle in the base of the blade aids streamlining, making both surface swimming and deep diving extremely efficient.
WHO ARE THESE BLADES FOR?
Divers looking for premium underwater performance, responsiveness and propulsion power.
SO WHATS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THESE BLADES AND PROJECT HIU ORIGIN BLADES?
The underlining difference between the Coots Carbon Collection and Project Hiu Origin blades is the infused material used. The Mike Coots Carbon Collection are blades forged from space grade carbon fibre, a extremely high performing material that produces enhanced underwater energy due to the flex and power of the material. Composite blades i.e. Project Hiu Origin Series are a slightly heavier more durable material that is great for avid divers looking for a higher performing standardised plastic blade.
JOIN THE CREW - (WHAT SIDE OF HISTORY WILL YOU BE ON?)
Many shark fishermen in Indonesia depend on extremely volatile and dangerous income streams to provide for their families and loved ones. Today fishermen are forced to travel further and in some cases in illegal water to seek more prosperous grounds, this new threat of prosecution can be combated. By joining The Crew you will be assisting in the investment and acquisition of new 'sustainable income assets' such as; tourism, waste management programs, early learning to better equip the next generation for changing times and finally supporting the community during this transition by suppling food, clean water and any other financial burdens and malnourished necessities incurred from a history of volatile fishing and marine exploitation.
WHAT ARE WE INVESTING IN? (YOUR IMPACT)
1) A sustainable tourism program, that allows local fishermen to acquire and re-purpose their assets (boats, crew, knowledge, rich biodiversity) to build new independent income streams.
2) Currently locals have no waste initiative or infrastructure in place, resulting in (HIGH) threats of disease and sickness. Our Crew are investing in waste management programs that employ Xfishermen to collect, recycle and transport waste opposed to entering and being dumped in our oceans. We are also building the first 'toilet block' on the island.
3) Early learning; our crew are investing in a new preschool re-build and learning equipment and curriculums to better prepare future generation for change.
4) During Covid-19 transition has been difficult, by supporting, your allocation of funds will also go toward basic supplies like food (rice, noodles) that are deposited monthly to our community.
Images by: Mike Coots
Carbon Stalk: Image of shark swimming (mouth closed)
Carbon Ambush: Image of shark launching in attack (mouth open)
- Each purchase comes with two fins
- Foot pockets not included
- Shipping time: (Australia 3-5 business days), (International: 7-12 business days)