WHAT ARE WE INVESTING IN? (YOUR IMPACT)
1) A sustainable tourism program, that allows local fishermen to acquire and re-purpose their assets (boats, crew, knowledge, rich biodiversity) to build new independent income streams.
2) Currently locals have no waste initiative or infrastructure in place, resulting in (HIGH) threats of disease and sickness. Our Crew are investing in waste management programs that employ ex- shark fishermen to collect, recycle and transport waste opposed to entering and being dumped in our oceans. We are also building the first 'toilet block' on the island.
3) Early learning; our crew are investing in a new preschool re-build and learning equipment and curriculums to better prepare future generation for change.
4) During Covid-19 transition has been difficult, by supporting, your allocation of funds will also go toward basic supplies like food (rice, noodles) that are deposited monthly to our community.
Without an apex predator, i.e. sharks a marine ecosystem cannot sustain healthy balance and therefore results in disease spread and infection through fish populations, this inevitably transcends onto land and into our communities a loved ones.
- The cost to prevent one shark from being finned is $7.70 AUD
- Bracelet includes laptop sticker
- The average wage for a shark fishermen is $200 AUD per month or $50 per week
- A estimated 100,000,000 sharks are killed annually
Shipping was very fast and well packaged. I've been wearing the bracelet for a few weeks nonstop now. It sits flush and therefore doesn't annoy you while you're doing stuff. Despite not taking special care, there is not a single silver-colored scratch on the black metal and the band dries fast after swimming or showering and the knots are tight enough so it doesn't loosen. great quality - and it helps spread the word when people notice it and you tell them about project hiu, the fishermen, their children and the awesome work Madison is doing..
The bracelet is very light-weight and fits perfect. I ordered the small and was a bit worried it might be too big but it fit perfectly. It also does not loosen with extended wear which is great!
I've gotten compliments on this cute bracelet. It is exactly as pictured and easy to adjust, it's very sturdy. Overall really happy to support the cause and get this beautiful item
I am very happy with this product! #savesharks
Love the bracelets!!